Thursday, January 7, 2016

Twelve Curious Things About Me

*Some years ago while I was convalescing in a wheel chair with a broken wrist and ankle, my golden retriever had to have knee surgery.  (In case you're wondering, that's me in the middle!)

*I love to dress up my dogs in beautiful costumes...

*My childhood nickname was Barbie and my first boyfriend was Ken.

*I live in a menagerie with my dear dog friends Miles and Artie and my cat Simon.

*I am a better driver today than I used to be. I once sideswiped my sister's garage while trying to park her car, but when I backed up to get a better aim, I ran over the water meter!

*I don't like heights or snakes.

*I wish that it were stylish to be chubby.

*I love to hear books read aloud and I love to read aloud.  This summer I read David Copperfield aloud in its entirety.

*I have lived in my current home for almost 28 years, the longest I've lived anywhere.

*I don't travel as much as I'd like to anymore, but if I could, I'd spend the summers wandering the globe. (I'd have to travel like Liz Taylor used to with all of her pets loaded onto a beautiful ship!)

*I enjoy long walks, a cup of tea with a good book, and the company of family and friends.

*I understand why grandchildren are called GRANDchildren...because they are.  I have an eight year-old granddaughter Hailey and a four year-old grandson Porter, and they are the absolute BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment