Saturday, April 9, 2016

Xiexie to Our New Friends!

What a joy it was to partner up with our MSU Chinese exchange students and talk about language and life.  When I get pictures from our school photographers, I'll try to upload some of those.  I'm sure they'll be better than what I captured here on my phone. 

I especially loved hearing all of you share the new Chinese adjectives and seeing the pinyin you learned as you expressed your relationship with school right now... 
The face match warm up activity. 




           
I picked up the index cards you filled out, and on Tuesday we'll take a look at those.  Let's see if you remember how to pronounce your adjective.  I can't wait to talk about our visit, review the activities, and blog about it. I'll also try to find a great place to display your photos and your index cards!    
MSU Chinese students visit  PHS April 8th, 2016

I hope to be able to schedule at least one more "get together" before seniors graduate and school is out. Zhenzhen said they'd like to come back, and I know many of you made new Facebook friends.  I am very grateful to ZhenZhen, Jasmine, and MSU for planning and orchestrating the event.  (Next time I'll be sure to give clear directions regarding a drop off point!  I nearly lost everyone!)                                                                                            

Zhenzhen and I say goodbye
Meantime xiexie to all of you.  Friday's visit enabled us to talk about our lives and learn about educational systems, family life, hobbies, friends, interests, and opportunities available to all citizens.  

I'm anxious to read what you have to say about the discussions you had, the surprises you found, and in general what you learned.  I saw many of you taking pictures, and I hope you  will post them to your blog. 

I couldn't be prouder to be at Parkview and to be your teacher.  You represented us well, and you are wonderful American ambassadors. You are why I love teaching!            

2 comments:

  1. So happy to read this and hear about the get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had talked about this a little between the two of us, but I was wondering if we could try and invite them on a day when we have class on a T/TH week, so we could do it like second session that Thursday and have lunch or just spend more time with our students! I'm pretty sure we'd have to ask Dr. Ramsey but I think he'd let us. :)

    ReplyDelete